How to go about Placing a Free Bet
A lot of people have asked questions about placing a free bet. Is placing a free bet different to placing an ordinary bet? Are the returns the same? Why doesn’t my balance go up if I win with my free bet? Please read on to find out the answers to these questions:
Please be aware that free bets will not be shown as part of your balance but are instead generally kept as a separate balance; for the example below, Skybet (follow the link to Skybet promotions site) signify it by an orange strip across the top of the My Account area.
For the example below when placing a free bet, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to your account using the ‘Log In’ button.
- Make your selection or selections as usual
- Details of your available free bets will be displayed on the bet slip – click or touch ‘Use Free Bet’.
- If you have more than one selection in your slip, the free bet will first be applied to the accumulator option of all your selections.
- If you want an each way bet, tick the box if applicable. Or if you want to place any of your own funds on the bet as well, type your additional stake into the box. If you want to only use your free bet, don’t type an amount in the stake boxes.
- Click ‘Place Bet’ to place your free bet.
- As can be seen from the slip above the free bet part of the stake is not returned. Most sites will calculate therefore the profit from the bet as the return or amount that will come back into your account.
- REMEMBER on most welcome offers the free bet on offer will often have wagering requirements attached to them (eg “free bets must be wagered 15x before being available for withdrawal”).
SIGN UP to the newsletter for advice and thoughts on the best way to use free bets.